Deadlines and a tight turn-around can test the best of us, but DESA Australia has demonstrated it is up for any challenge.
DESA Australia has been designing and installing infrastructure into data centres for the past 25 years and is considered a Data Centre specialist by many of Australia’s leading Technology Integrators and Construction Companies.
Having completed the Communications Infrastructure for the highly awarded MEL10 Data Centre in 2013, DESA was awarded the job of providing the Electrical Solutions for the Data Centre at MEL11.
This new construction project, based in Melbourne’s western suburbs, involved the complete design and construct of the electrical services within a tight, 6-week time frame, which included the procurement of various materials and components from the European Union and South America.
A quick snapshot of the initial statement of works was the supply, installation and commissioning of the following:
- 520 x captive power outlets for equipment and PDU provisioning.
- 8 x 400 amp Automatic Transfer Switches and 4 x 250A 4p/4p rotary change over switches.
- 8 x sets of 400A power supplies (A &B supplies) inclusive of works to A & B Main Switchboards
- 26 WorkSafe distribution boards including sub-mains, suitable for isolation and replacement of individual circuit breakers without interruption to other circuits.
- Complete RJ485 Modbus networks between distribution units including for integration onto the BMS system.
- Full load commissioning, including rack mounted load banks/heaters and thermographic scans of MSBs and PDUs.
DESA Australia committed full time management to this project and split its considerable on-site staff into 4 dedicated teams across various disciplines.
The project was a Design and Construct, so constant engineering modifications needed to be made, which often involved the DESA team making up shop drawings and having proto-types fabricated and submitted for approval within 24-hours.
DESA Australia successfully delivered this project to all key stakeholders in 5-weeks, reducing by a full week what was already a very demanding deadline.
All works were signed off and completed without time lost through injury and to a professional standard that has left stakeholders extremely pleased and proud and once again illustrates DESA’s capability of managing a quality installation of critical services in a compressed time frame.
About DESA Australia
DESA Australia is a leading provider of infrastructure services to corporate business, government and the Australian Defence Force.
Founded in 1989, DESA Australia is a privately held company with offices in all major Australian capital cities, delivering high tech communications and electrical cabling solutions. DESA Australia has specialist skills in Data Centre, Security, Wireless, Audio Visual, Voice and Network infrastructure design, installation and maintenance.
For more information on how DESA Australia can help your business optimise its electrical and communications infrastructure, reducing the total cost of ownership, contact our head office on:
- Tel: 613 9490 3907
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org